Monday, November 28, 2005

Things are not as they seem.

So I was driving down a fairly major road in Anchorage, when I Observe a little vehicle seemingly having some issues, the vehicle is failing to maintain their lane of travel ( weaves in and out of its own lane), and is doing well under the posted speed limit. I watch the vehicle for a few blocks and think that it may be an impaired driver, and then call the Local PO-PO. They get all of the information that can be had, make / model - Plate - description of driver (all I could see was the top of a head cresting over the top of the drivers seat - the hair looked like that of a female), and with in minutes an officer pulls in behind the suspected vehicle and goes into affect. The car pulls to the left and pulls a u-turn into a parking lot. Then I see it, the driver is more than likely someone's grandmother. She advised the officer that she does not like to drive in bad weather and is trying to take it easy. Nuff said 10-8.

Now I can see this conversation around the dinner table:
"Mom, how was your day?"
"Fine Fine, met a nice man on the road after he pulled me over for DUI. Some other jerk on the road thought that I had been hitting the egg nog a little soon and called the Fuzz on me."
"Wa Wa What!"
And the conversation continues with what ever else you think could go on.

Ever notice how people who drive faster than you are jerks & people who drive slower than you are idiots? - TV

1 comment:

Eric said...

You were the absolute best caller to my recruit though. Her success gave her some wind beneath her wings that will hopefully lead her toward getting her badge some day.

If a grandma suffering because of that is WRONG, then I don't want to be right.