Saturday, May 14, 2005

Are we their yet?

Have you ever noticed.. Normaly I dislike this as an opening statement, as you sit back and think: You are looking for common ground to talk to me about, If I say yes then we can be friends, if I say no then you get to emite your supirior knolege to me and explain what I have been missing. Their is no way out of this kind of a questing unless you are good at faking heart problems. With that said:
Have you ever noticed that going some where you want to go, or leading out on an expidition of the unknown is always more fun then leving the adventure? My Wife and I went on a great bike ride this past week, on a path that we have not been on till that day. We were rideing along having a wonderfull time, then we hit the half way point. Crap, we have gone quite a distance, we are only half way back right now. Then as we are treversing the trail back to the starting point the question comes up: "Are we their yet". Okay, Look you were with me when we started right? An ailien did not jump out of your skin and then then get replaced by another one hiding behind the tree we passed a ways back right? Does this look like we are their yet? It took us 2 hrs to get here, now we are only 5 min into the ride to get us back to the start." Of course all of this is thought with a smile, as I have become wiser to actually SAY any of this. Why is it that going is more fun than getting back? Now mind you their are a few exciptions to this: 1) the dentist 2)the Proctologist 3)the mechanic 4)your friendly OBGYN. Get the idea? Needless to say the line of "We are a little more than half way back" seamed to stiffle too many more Are We Their yet questions and insted transfered them back to the both of us going we need to get into shape to be able to get into shape! All in All it was a fun ride, we know a few areas to avoid now, and will i am sure enjoy the rides in the future. - TV

No comments: