Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Why?

Ok, I fall among those who enjoy the rants of comic Steven Wright. To think out side the box -ha ha - is a little out their, and I love it. I think my thinking nearly committed my sister when we were younger. We would be on a long drive and I would talk about the theory of space growing, and asking how one would know when they reached the end of space due to Einstein’s theory that you would just wrap around and eventually end up where you started. Was there a wall that you would find? If you hit a wall, all walls have 2 sides right? What is on the other side of the wall - Something right, so space continues, not stops there. Mind you I was 6 or 7 when I was bothering her with this.

Steven has a way to see the same thing:

Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
My theory of evolution is that Darwin was adopted.
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section? "She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose

OTHER DISPATCHERS TAKE NOTE:
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?

ENGLISH MAJORS:
Why isn't the word, 'phonetically' spelled with an ' f '?

Why are there 5 syllables in the word "monosyllabic"?

TRUE STORY:
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I'm at Sea World at a seafood restaurant. I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my Gosh.. .. .. I could be eating a slow learner.

I was born by Cesarean section. But not so you'd notice. It's just that when I leave a house, I go out through the window.

Trees that grow in smoggy cities are needed to make carbon paper.

I've been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas, I just think about it.

Ok, Thank you Steven for thinking out side of the box, and making some of the others just start to think. Last thought for Geeks "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who know binary and those who don’t"
- TVG

No comments: