Saturday, September 24, 2005

Out on a limb .. er extremity?

Has the Media come to this? Let's out those that we believe have been augmented and make them prove that they have/are not? On another note do we really care or is it like a train wreck, you don't want to look however you have to...


This photo supplied by Warner Bros. shows supermodel Tyra Banks, right, getting a sonogram from an unidentified physician's assistant to prove that her breasts are not fake on her new talk show during taping in Los Angeles on Friday, Sept. 16, 2005. Dr. Garth Fisher from ABC's 'Extreme Makeover' performed a 'touch test' and after the sonogram concluded, 'Tyra Banks has natural breasts; there are no implants.' The show aired on Tuesday, September 20th. (AP Photo/Chris Polk,Warner Bros.)
&
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Supermodel
Tyra Banks'
underwent a sonogram on her own television show to quell rumors that she had breast implants. But first she ordered all the men out of the audience, a spokeswoman for her program said on Wednesday. Banks, 31, told the audience for her syndicated talk show on Tuesday that she was tired of rumors that her breasts were fake. "It's something that's followed me forever and today I'm going to finally admit once and for all the truth about my breasts," the Victoria's Secret model said as she removed her push-up bra from underneath a T-shirt. She took a break and returned wearing a bathrobe and accompanied by plastic surgeon Garth Fischer. He and an assistant performed a sonogram in front of the audience that was broadcast with certain part of Banks' anatomy blacked out. Fischer said, "I've performed approximately 8,000 breast implant surgeries, I've examined you, I've reviewed your sonogram ... and Tyra Banks has natural breasts." Banks added, "By no means am I against plastic surgery, by no means am I saying that breast implants are a bad thing, but it's just not a choice that I made ... it's something that a lot of people think I have and that is so frustrating to me."


Please, is it any of our business? What are the boundries of a person in the publics eye life public and private? Another artical that I read advised that all the gentlemen in the studio were outted and the studio was then only left with female on lookers. To what extent will 'Stars' have to go to to prove, or dis-prove things said about them. OR is this just someting for Sweeps? Groan.. What to you think on this. Am I just being craby? Have to run, and watch the show over again... Untill next time...
- TV

4 comments:

KL2GY said...

Chris, thanks for posting, welcome to the blog...
- TV

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lindsey said...

I have yet to catch her show, but I really want to. Though I don't usually take a liking to super models, I really like Tyra Banks.

KL2GY said...

Welcome to the Blog Lindsey, happy to have you. All of the interviews that I have seen her in she seams to be down to earth and 'normal'. Again thanks for the post.