Sunday, September 11, 2005

Remember ...

Not to harp on history, however their are some things that we need not forget. I was brushing my teeth when the phone rang, a voice said that we have been attacked, and advised me to turn on the TV, it does not matter what channel, almost any one will do - the voice on the phone was my Mother. I did as she asked. I stood their tooth brush hanging out of my mouth trying not to get toothpaste on my tie, grabbing the remote and then just looked at the TV, processing what I was watching. The time was a little before 6 am Alaska time 10 am in New York, the second tower was just about to fall and another plane was still out their somewhere. I hurried through my morning duties to report to work at 7am wondering what the day would bring us, all while keeping one eye on the TV. As I got to work I "MacGyver'd" an antenna to the training TV so that we could receive broadcasts about the attacks during the day. A sobering day for all of us. Our thoughts and Prayers still go to family's and friends of those that were lost, and training continues to help protect the rest of us from seeing another attack.

Taps.mp3

Day is done, gone the sun, From the hills, from the lake, From the sky. All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.
Go to sleep, peaceful sleep, May the soldier or sailor, God keep. On the land or the deep, Safe in sleep.
Love, good night, Must thou go, When the day, And the nightNeed thee so? All is well. Speedeth all To their rest.
Fades the light; And afarGoeth day, And the stars Shineth bright, Fare thee well; Day has gone, Night is on.
Thanks and praise, For our days, 'Neath the sun, Neath the stars, 'Neath the sky, As we go, This we know, God is nigh.

-TV

No comments: